Frances is LEARNING!

As part of the Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County's Learning 2.0 initiative, I created this blog to record my progress through the 23 Things.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlotte, NC, United States

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Picture this

Flickr: so far, SO good! Signing up was a breeze, and exploring the photos could keep me occupied for days! I love the groups feature, which allows us to look through pictures with a common theme. I joined several groups, including "Catholic." I like that this group required a request for admission - that assures me that Joe Shmoe can't post nasty pics to the group.

I am very excited about potential applications of Flickr, especially wedding photo sharing. I'm definitely going to invite my mom and sister to join so they can explore it and consider using it to collect and share pictures frommy sister's December 2006 wedding.

Now I'd like to find the perfect nature scene for my computer desktop. That is, if we can download the pics from Flickr. I haven't tried that yet, and now realize it might not be possible, given copyright and all...

Speaking of desktops: I bought a new computer last weekend and it came with a 19" wide LCD screen. It's awesome for watching DVDs (by the way, Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-rabbit is cute and hilarious) but I'm not sure I'll be able to find potential backgrounds with the right proportions for a widescreen (standard images get s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d).

Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home