Frances is LEARNING!

As part of the Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County's Learning 2.0 initiative, I created this blog to record my progress through the 23 Things.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlotte, NC, United States

Friday, August 25, 2006

You (better be careful) Tube

This week I have been exploring the wonders of YouTube, which hosts movie trailers, television program clips, music videos, and hilarious homemade videos online. At times, I've been very disappointed with the website. The offerings are abundant, yes...perhaps too abundant. Browsing the popular videos and even searching for harmless subjects can present visitors with R-rated material - both in the text descriptions and in the videos themselves. YouTube visitors with a conscience must be very careful and specific in seeking decent entertainment and information.

Such is the case throughout the Internet, I know. But I found I must be especially vigilant at YouTube and similar sites, such as GoogleVideo.

However, I do have some fun videos to share! First, a homemade music video about making pancakes (it SO reminds me of my time in Oxford, where I celebrated "Pancake Day" - their version of Mardi Gras - by eating lemon and sugar on crepe-like pancakes).

Next, a black and white clip of Victor Borge's Phonetic Punctuation routine.

And lastly, a flying dog! (Made you look!)

Please direct me to any more that you enjoy by pasting the link into a comment! Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home